As visitors, we give thanks to the Coast Salish people for allowing us to live and work within their traditional territories.
We are a community of learners, and respect the diversity of all individuals. Together we empower adult learners through the following principles:
At Literacy Victoria, we believe in
- treating people with dignity and respect
- supporting learners to set and achieve their personal goals
- involving learners in our decision-making and operations
- working as a team of volunteers, learners and staff working as a supportive, caring community
Literacy Victoria is the first place on southern Vancouver Island that adults go for free basic literacy services and where people go to for information on adult literacy.
- is a non-profit organization
- provides free help and support to adults in basic reading, writing, numbers/mathematics, computer use and essential skills in an increasingly technical world
- helps adults develop self-esteem and skills so they can participate effectively at home, at work and in the community