Two other successful pilot projects recently ended due to funding, the Aboriginal Learning, Essential Skills program, and the Workforce Literacy and Essential Skills program.
Literacy Victoria’s learners come from many backgrounds and levels of schooling.
We provide one-to-one learning support as well as group learning sessions. We try to find the best fit for each individual and his or her learning goals.
A learner may want to:
- write an e-mail or a letter
- take their written driver’s test
- complete an on-line course
- improve their spelling
- complete electronic applications or forms
- prepare to enter the workforce
Our programs and services are available through:
- our Literacy Victoria office
- community shelters, social agencies and transitional housing
- the Wilkinson Road Prison (VIRCC)